Koh Phi Phi has been a magnet in Thailand’s tourism industry for quite some time. This comes as no surprise, however. Koh Phi Phi Don and Koh Phi Phi Lei are blessed with beautiful white sand beaches, stunning emerald waters, spectacular resorts and massive limestone karst formations. After the devastating tsunami in 2004, the island has bounced back with a vengeance. Even though the beaches may not be quite as pristine due to high tourist numbers, the scenery still remains spectacular. After you book your flights there are multiple ways to access Koh Phi Phi via ferry from Krabi, Phuket, Ao Nang, and Koh Lanta. If you are flying into Krabi Airport and you want to access Koh Phi Phi, this article will provide you with a clear, budget friendly guide on how to do so. Here are the steps on how to get from Krabi Airport to Koh Phi Phi.
1. Book your flight online well in advance. Once your flight arrives at Krabi Airport, proceed through customs and purchase a shuttle bus ticket to Krabi pier (Klong Jilad pier) at the counter located on the ground floor. Tell the ticket distributor that you want to go to Koh Phi Phi (90 baht = $2.74 US per pax).
2. Leave the airport through the front doors. The shuttle bus is usually located to the right of the main entrance (about 50 meters from the airport).
3. Even though you won’t be informed, the shuttle bus will stop at a travel agency in Krabi Town. Here, tourists heading to Koh Phi Phi will be asked to get off of the shuttle bus. Passengers heading to Ao Nang will remain on the shuttle bus. Passengers heading to Koh Phi Phi will then get on a mini bus that goes directly to the Krabi town pier in order to board the ferry en route to Koh Phi Phi.
4. Either at the travel agency or at the Krabi pier purchase a ferry ticket to Koh Phi Phi (400 baht = $12.17 US) and convert the ticket to a boarding pass. The ferry ride to Koh Phi Don will take approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. As of the time of writing, the ferry departure times from Krabi to Koh Phi Phi were 9:00 am, 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm.
5. Once you arrive at Koh Phi Phi Don, depart the ferry and pay the 20 baht ($0.60 US) environmental “clean up fee” to get onto Koh Phi Phi Don.
Where did we stay on Koh Phi Phi?
Finding the right spot to stay on Koh Phi Phi can be quite tedious due to the loud music pulsation at night. Therefore, try to stay close enough to the beach, but far enough from the main action. During our last visit we decided to stay at P.P. Casita Hotel and found it to be laid back and still close to the prime beach area, but you can decide if it fits your price range. We don’t have an affiliation with this property or any property on Koh Phi Phi. At the time of writing, it had a score of 7.4/10 based on 3424 verified guest reviews. We would consider this score to be an accurate representation of this property based on our experience there.
How to Find the Best Room Deals on Koh Phi Phi?
If you’re planning your trip well in advance then your strategy for finding the cheapest room on Koh Phi Phi might be a bit different. Many of our North American and European readers prefer www.booking.com because of their excellent cancellation policies and great customer service. If you can find “cancellation-free” rooms for the same price as a non-cancellation room, it might make sense to use www.booking.com instead to avoid the risk of changing your itinerary due to flight delays and so forth.
Another extremely popular booking site is www.agoda.com. This is without question the most popular accommodation in Thailand and Southeast Asia. Here’s where you can find all the properties on Koh Pi Pi using Agoda:
If you want to be guaranteed to find the ‘cheapest room’ on Phi Phi use this price comparison website. Within seconds you can find the cheapest room from the largest room providers using www.hotelscombined.com. Just be sure to double check that your room is some distance from the ‘party beaches’ – unless of course that’s your thing! To save you time, here are the:
Top Rated Properties on Koh Phi Phi
Results are Based on Verified Guest Reviews
Important: Mobile Users must swipe from left to right to see entire table.
|Star/Budget Range||Guest Rating: Hotel Provider 1||Guest Rating: Hotel Provider 2|
|Agoda (Koh Phi Phi)||Booking.com (Koh Phi Phi)|
|5 stars/Luxury||Zeavola Hotel – 8.7/10||Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort – 8.5/10|
|4stars/Comfort||Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island – 8.4/10||Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island – 8.3/10|
|3 stars/Mid-range||MaMa Beach Residence – 8.2/10||P.P. Blue Sky Resort – 8.5/10|
|2 star/ Budget||P.P. Insula Hotel – 7.9/10||Panmanee Hotel – 8.4/10|
|1 star/ Strict Budget||Kitty Guesthouse – 7.7/10||Phi Phi Inn – 7.3/10|
|Compare all room prices on Koh Phi Phi using www.agoda.com||Compare all room prices on Koh Phi Phi using www.booking.com|
- Properties rated based on ‘overall’ review scores from each respective website’s verified guests.
- Minimum of 50 verified guest reviews required to be considered eligible for comparison.
- All star ratings and verified guest review scores are tallied at the time of writing, and therefore, are subject to change.
Booking Flights To/From Koh Phi Phi
How did we find the cheapest flight(s) to Koh Phi Phi during our trip?
The closest and most practical airport to fly into when you are planning on visiting Koh Phi Phi is Krabi International Airport (airport code = KBV). Typically, tourists first fly from different regions around the world to Bangkok and then transit (either by taking a short domestic flight, backpacking across Thailand, or taking the train or bus) to Krabi. We always use flight price-comparison sites when we purchase our tickets. For this particular trip we used www.momondo.com for our flights to and from Krabi. Once we arrived at Krabi Airport we followed the steps outlined in this article to get to Koh Phi Phi. Koh Phi Phi doesn’t have an airport, therefore don’t waste your time even thinking about that as an option. To save you some time, I have created a link to Momondo’s flight price comparison page:
We hope that the information provided in this article will help to point you in the right direction. Please let us know if you seek some additional information below. Cheers!
Read More Articles on Koh Phi Phi
- Experiencing Koh Phi Phi Viewpoint
- How to Get from Ao Nang to Railay
- How to Get from Koh Lanta to Koh Phi Phi
- How to Get from Phuket to Koh Phi Phi Don
- How to Get to Long Beach Koh Phi Phi
- How to Get to Railay Beach from Krabi Airport
- How to Go Island Hopping within the Koh Phi Phi Archipelago
- Limestone Mania: Railay Beach, Krabi Province, Thailand
- Should You Visit Maya Bay?
- Top Hotels on Koh Phi Phi
- What You Need to Know Before Traveling to Koh Phi Phi, Thailand
- Which Koh Phi Phi Beach should you stay on?