If you don’t know it yet, the Burj Khalifa is the highest man-made structure on planet Earth! Take note that the word used is ‘structure’ not just ‘building’. This is because the Burj Khalifa rises higher than any type structure on earth, as of now at least.
Ask any travel expert, and they will tell you that the Burj Khalifa is one of the top attractions to see in Dubai.
If you’re in transit in Dubai or who don’t have time to see a lot of the city, you should at least try to go up the top of the Burj Khalifa.
And because Khalifa is located in the Downtown Dubai, it’s very accessible by public transport. (read
Take note that going on top of the Burj requires a bit of planning on your part. Luckily, Chasing Places is here to help!
Here are some steps in how to go up the Burj Khalifa:
1. Estimate the date and time you want to go up the Burj.
The best weather in Dubai is during November to March. During this time the temperature is cooler, so it’s more comfortable for sightseeing. But take note that this is also the busiest time for visitors.
Visits to the Observation Decks are scheduled and done by waves or groups. The first group of visitors is admitted at 8:30 am. Then they let another group come up every 30 minutes. The last group of visitors is admitted at 11:00 pm.
2. Book your ticket well in advance.
It is possible to purchase a ticket as you come but it will not guarantee that there will be available slots on the time you want. In addition, tickets sold at the desk may be more expensive than the ones sold online.
3. Book your ticket on the official website.
Although there are third-party companies that sell tickets, booking directly with the official Burj Khalifa website gives more flexibility and freedom to choose the time of your visit and the specific attractions you want to see.
To book the tickets: https://tickets.atthetop.ae
The Burj Khalifa has TWO observation decks to choose from. The first deck is AT THE TOP Burj Khalifa and the second one (which is actually higher) is AT THE TOP Burj Khalifa Sky. (The only difference is the word SKY, at the end.)
- AT THE TOP Burj Khalifa is the lower viewing deck on levels 124 and 125. Aside from an indoor area, this deck also has a massive outdoor terrace where you get 360 views of Dubai. AT THE TOP Burj Khalifa’s General Admission is the most basic and cheapest ticket offered.
- AT THE TOP Burj Khalifa Sky is on level 148. It is the highest observation deck in the world. If you purchase a ticket for this level, you will not only gain access to an outdoor terrace but also to the Sky Lounge, where complimentary refreshments await you.
As you may have already guessed, the “AT THE TOP Burj Khalifa Sky” experience is fancier but is also more expensive. But hey, if you want to splurge, why not right?
The Burj Khalifa website mentions prime viewing hours, which refers to the times when many people want to go up. The prime viewing hours are usually from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm. But they may also change depending on the months.
General Admission tickets during prime viewing hours are more expensive.
Check ticket prices
4. After you book online, you need to print the receipt of purchase or save it on your phone. You need to bring this receipt with the barcode and show it to the ticketing desk of the AT THE TOP Burj Khalifa.
At the Top, Burj Khalifa Entrance is on Lower Ground Floor Level. The closest parking area is Cinema Parking (Green), P1 How to Get to the Burk Khalifa. Step-by-Step Guide
After checking your receipt, they will give you the official ticket to show security at the entrance.
On our Burj Khalifa visit, we decided to go for the earliest morning schedule because we wanted to avoid the crowd.
Early morning timeslot is typically not busy. We didn’t have to wait in line a long time to get in. And there was plenty of room to walk around and take as many pictures as we want.
If you decide to come during peak times, your visit to the Burj may last about 2 hours because of the waiting time.
Going on top of the Burj’s was a wonderful experience for me!
Before guests reached observation deck area, we got to ride the world’s fastest elevator.
The area leading up to the Observation Deck is well-designed. They set up very cool displays that tell the story of how the Burj Khalifa was built. In most cases, I find museum-like displays in attractions a bit boring and provide as distractors for people impatiently queuing in line. But I actually thought that they did a great job in designing the displays and engaging visitors.
Going on top of the Burj Khalifa’s Observation Deck is a worthwhile travel experience; one that I absolutely have no hesitation to recommend! You won’t get better views of Dubai than from here.
Have you book your hotel in Dubai? Below we listed hotel suggestions based on the guest review ratings and room rates.
We also wrote an extensive review of the hotel we stayed in Dubai.
Top Rated Hotels in Dubai Based on Verified Guest Reviews
|Star/Budget Range||Guest Rating: Hotel Provider 1||Guest Rating: Hotel Provider 2|
|Agoda.com (Dubai)||Booking.com (Dubai)|
|5 stars/Luxury||Burj Al Arab Jumeirah – 9.3/10||Residence & Spa, Dubai at One&Only Royal Mirage – 9.3/10|
|4stars/Comfort||Al Khoory Atrium – 8.9/10||Vida Downtown Dubai – 8.8/10|
|3 stars/Mid Range||Rove Downtown Dubai – 9.0/10||Rove City Center – 9.3/10|
|2 star/ Budget||Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport – 7.9/10||Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport – 7.9/10|
|1 star/ Strict Budget||Sima Hotel – 7.0/10||Florida Hotel – 6.9/10|
|Compare all room prices in Dubai using www.agoda.com||Compare all room prices in Dubai using booking.com|
Read More About Dubai
- 10 Things You Should Know When Traveling Dubai
- 35 Things to do in Dubai for an Amazing Holiday
- 40 Proven Tips on How to Find the Cheapest Flight Tickets to Any Destination in the World
- Frequently Asked Questions about Visiting Dubai
- Historical Neighborhoods in Dubai You Never Knew Existed
- How to Get From Dubai International Airport to Downtown Dubai
- How to Get from Dubai to Abu Dhabi
- How to Get to Dubai Marina using the Train
- How to Get to the Burj Khalifa in Dubai
- How to Get to the Dubai Mall using Public Transport
- Top Places to See in Dubai For Free
- Where Did We Stay in Dubai?: Ibis One Central Hotel Review
- Why Dubai Marina Cruising is a Must-Do When Visiting Dubai