It seems almost too good to be true doesn’t it? If you are a budget traveler, this sounds like a dream rather than reality. You can buy one dollar bus rides in New Zealand for routes between major cities such as Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Naked Bus is the company that offers these ridiculously low fares. Don’t get turned off by the name, this is a legitimate company that follows a very similar marketing strategy to Air Asia. Proactive travelers who plan their trip well in advance can get rewarded by having the opportunity to purchase one dollar bus tickets on nakedbus.com. According to their site, these super cheap fares are released anywhere from 3 months to 6 months prior to the date of departure. Typically, the first ticket purchased on every bus is sold at 1 NZ dollar. Then, as the date of departure approaches other seats get progressively more expensive. In other words, booking early saves money.
Here are some suggestions to help you know when these fares are available in order to help organize your New Zealand adventure on a shoe-string budget:
1. Book a round trip flight ticket to New Zealand 3-6 months in advance of your intended date of arrival.
2. After you have booked your round-trip flight ticket to New Zealand, identify the cities you want to travel to and the rough dates that you would consider travelling by bus.
3. Register on the Naked Bus website for their newsletter so that you can be notified via email when these one dollar seats become available.
4. Continue to check your email for their one dollar seats and other sales leading up to your trip.
5. Once you receive notice of a seat sale that coincides with your intended travel dates proceed to the Naked Bus website, log in and purchase your bus tickets.
For additional information regarding these one dollar bus seats and other services offered by Naked Bus please refer to their official website: http://nakedbus.com/nz/bus/
Finding the Cheapest Rooms in New Zealand
Consider using a reputable price comparison website. They save time and plenty of cash. Our readers also love to book with the world’s largest hotel provider due to their excellent selection, cheap rooms and ideal free cancellation policies.